Cancellations, Returns, and Policies
For Class Cancellations and Rescheduling:
Within 5 days of scheduled class, a $10 service charge will be charged for refunds, credits, and rescheduled classes. No Refunds, rescheduling, or credits within 1 business day of scheduled class will be accepted.
Discounts and Sale Policies:
Discounts do not apply to previous orders or any back orders not yet shipped. Discounts cannot be combined with institutional discounts. Only one discount will be granted, the highest. Sales rates are available for application on orders placed after 12:00am on the beginning 11:59pm the sale ending date.
1. All kiln, pottery wheel, gift card, and special order sales are final. Any faulty equipment must be reported to the manufacturer for warranty service.
2. Return on all other items will be accepted within 60 days of purchase, with a receipt. No Returns or Exchanges after 60 days, this includes clay. No returns without a receipt. All authorized returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee; this excludes orders which Kentucky Mudworks made the error (i.e. shipped the wrong item). Any clay found to be abnormally hard is eligible for exchange up to 30 days after purchase. It is always a good idea to inspect manufactured clay when you get it home. Any returns of merchandise purchased with a gift certificate will only be refunded in the form of store credit. No cash, check, or credit card refunds will be issued in exchange for merchandise returned on gift certificate/store credit funds. No Exceptions.
3. All equipment must be opened and inspected upon purchase. Any faulty equipment must be reported to Mudworks within 15 days. After 15 days, customer must go directly to manufacturer for equipment issues. This applies to scales, Giffin Grips, clay guns, slab rollers, etc. Please call with specific questions. This does not apply to kilns and wheels, call us for warranty work on these items.
Tax ID Numbers and Tax Exempt Status:
KY customers will be charged 6% sales tax unless we have a current resale tax exemption certificate on file (your 6-digit business license number on form 51A105 from http://www.kyrevenue.com/), your state's equivalent form, or your form showing non-profit status). Kentucky Mudworks must have the above form before any taxes can be removed from an order, a tax ID number alone will not be accepted. This must only be completed once. If you do not have it, we will charge you sales tax and then refund it when we get the proper form. Forms can be sent either by fax (859-368-9891) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Mudworks makes every effort to save our customers money on shipping. The flat rates you see in your checkout are based on both your delivery location and total weight of the order.
Freight Deliveries: Mudworks offers a flat rate freight charge (for up to 3000 lbs) which includes the cost of a liftgate service for deliveries in KY, IN and IL. For freight deliveries outside KY, Mudworks offers excellent freight discounts. Please select "Save and Share" your cart when checking out, and request an exact quote through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickup Orders: You may place an order online and select "Pickup Order" in the shipping menu. If you wish to pickup your order, payment must still be processed through our website. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready for pickup.
1. We accept Purchase Orders. Please have tax exemption information ready at time of order.
2. We accept cash, in-state checks with ID, Mastercard, or VISA only. $35 returned check fee.
3. All prices in our print catalog and on our website are subject to change without notice and exclude shipping costs. Most products are FOB Lexington, KY. Special orders and some equipment are FOB manufacturer.
4. All Net 30 accounts require a credit card # on file with Mudworks. Your card will be charged if your account goes 45 days without payment.
5. Mudworks makes every effort to keep all your information secure and private. We maintain a current SSL certificate for our website and never shares any of your personal information with anyone or any 3rd party information vendor. All credit card and payment processing are handled through a certified 3rd party API merchant (Stripe) and your financially sensitive information is never stored on our servers, or, in theirs.