CALL FOR ENTRIES
Show Runs: February 1st-28th, 2017
Juried by Bill Wilkey
Organized by IUS Ceramics &
506 Baxter Avenue
Louisville, KY 40204
"This exhibit explores the breadth of the contemporary ceramic vessel, from functional to sculptural. Artists are invited to submit works that explore the ceramic vessel, and both utilitarian and sculptural vessels are eligible. All US Residents 18 years of age or older are eligible to apply."
All proceeds will support IU Southeast Ceramics students travel and registration costs for the 2017 National Council on the Education of Ceramic Art (NCECA) Conference in Portland, Oregon! Click here for more information about the Ceramics Program at Indiana University Southeast.
Applications Open: October 17th, 2016
Entry Deadline: December 10th, 2016
Notification: December 18th–24th, 2016
Shipped Work Should Arrive: January 8th-14th, 2017
Opening Reception: February 1st, 2017 4-7pm
Work Shipped back: March 1st-31st, 2017
- Open to both functional and non-functional vessels.
- Work must not exceed 8 inches in any direction.
- Application fee: $25.00 for up to 2 Entries. Artist may submit 3 additional entries for $5.00 for each entry ($25.00 for 2 entries, $30.00 for 3, $35.00 for 4, and $40.00 for 5 entries.).
- Payment of application fee must be completed through checkout linked at the bottom of the page.
- Email application and fee must be submitted by 11:59pm on December 10th, 2016.
- Once entries are submitted, fees are non-refundable regardless of acceptance into the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for costs associated with shipping their work to and from the gallery. It is the artist’s responsibility to insure the work during shipping.
- All work must be for sale. (artists receive 60%, remaining proceeds benefit student travel to NCECA)
- Digital images should be labeled with the artist’s last name, underscore, first letter of first name, and the entry #. (Example: Bob Dole would be Dole_B1.jpg, Dole_B2.jpg, Dole_B3.jpg, etc.)
- Detail images should be labeled as such: Dole_B1-Detail.jpg. Limit two detail images per application.
- All images must be able to be viewed at 8” x 10” at 300 DPI.
- Artists agree to let Kentucky Mudworks and IUS Ceramics use submitted image(s) for publicizing the exhibition and for selling the work online.
Email all entries to IUSCeramics@gmail.com with the subject line: “Your Name – ENTRY – Vessels: Interpretations and Iterations." An example email body is listed below.
Website (if applicable):
A description of each image (title, clay, cone, atmosphere, dimensions, and price).
Digital images (Example: Bob Dole would be Dole_B1.jpg, Dole_B2.jpg, etc.)
About the Juror:
Bill Wilkey is currently Artist in Residence in the Ceramics program at Indiana University Southeast. He received his MFA from the University of Missouri-Columbia and a BFA from East Tennessee State University – Johnson City. Wilkey has held artist in residence positions and workshops at the Archie Bray Foundation, Penland School of Crafts and Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. He has exhibited nationally and was a Ceramics Monthly 2014 Emerging Artist. Click here for more information about Bill and his work.
Accepted work can be shipped to:
Indiana University Southeast
ATTN: Brian Harper, Associate Professor of Fine Art
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150